Because the topic is frequently appearing in my courses, I have added a page to my Blog, dedicated to Oracle Database High Availability Architecture. It talks briefly about the differences between Single Instance, RAC, Extended RAC, Data Guard and Remote Mirroring.
about Database Technology
Added a page about Oracle Database HA Architecture
- SQL*Plus output in nice HTML format
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- New mean demo machine
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Common Users & SYSDBA with #Oracle 12c Multitenancy
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Important Statistics & Wait Events on Exadata
- Using Flashback in a Data Guard Environment
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart oracle university OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3