Because the topic is frequently appearing in my courses, I have added a page to my Blog, dedicated to Oracle Database High Availability Architecture. It talks briefly about the differences between Single Instance, RAC, Extended RAC, Data Guard and Remote Mirroring.
about Database Technology
Added a page about Oracle Database HA Architecture
- 2,224,827 hits
- Using Flashback in a Data Guard Environment
- How to reinstate the old Primary as a Standby after Failover in #Oracle
- How to change the size of Online Redologs?
- Account locking in an Active Data Guard environment
- Common Users & SYSDBA with #Oracle 12c Multitenancy
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- How to fix a problem with the spfile in #Oracle
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Exadata Part IV: Flash Cache
- 11gR2 RAC Architecture Picture
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR AWS Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Cloud Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Exasol Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability Hyper-V ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 partitioning Performance Tuning PostgreSQL PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess troubleshooting ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3