Because the topic is frequently appearing in my courses, I have added a page to my Blog, dedicated to Oracle Database High Availability Architecture. It talks briefly about the differences between Single Instance, RAC, Extended RAC, Data Guard and Remote Mirroring.
about Database Technology
Added a page about Oracle Database HA Architecture
- 1,900,885 hits
- How to change the size of Online Redologs?
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- How to reinstate the old Primary as a Standby after Failover in #Oracle
- Why INSERT causes TX - row lock contention or TM - contention in #Oracle
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Auditing ALTER SYSTEM commands
- Using Flashback in a Data Guard Environment
- See & modify the attributes of Oracle Restart resources with crsctl
- Speed up Import with TRANSFORM=DISABLE_ARCHIVE_LOGGING in #Oracle 12c
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Exasol Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess troubleshooting ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3