If you are doing auditing (traditional or fine grained auditing), then the internal audit tables aud$ or fga_log$, which are by default in the system tablespace, are getting bigger and bigger over time. So you may want to move them into another tablespace – but that was unsupported in the past. No longer so, as Joel Goodman explains in this recent article:
about Database Technology
- 1,697,641 hits
- Combining Resource Consumer Groups with Application Modules in #Oracle
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- How to change the size of Online Redologs?
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Getting started with VPD in #Oracle
- SQL*Plus output in nice HTML format
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Brief introduction to ASM mirroring
- Speed up Import with TRANSFORM=DISABLE_ARCHIVE_LOGGING in #Oracle 12c
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess troubleshooting ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3
Grzegorz Goryszewski on Combining Resource Consumer Gr… Peter on adrci: A survival guide for th… Peter on adrci: A survival guide for th… Dhina on Auto Sync for Password Files i… suryabhamidipati on How to do PDB PITR in #Oracle… Maya on How Partial Indexing helps you… Jeyalin Sheeju on Reorganizing Tables in Oracle… Uwe Hesse on Using Flashback in a Data Guar… kurschies on Using Flashback in a Data Guar… Uwe Hesse on orapwd gives OPW-00029 Passwor… laurentschneider on orapwd gives OPW-00029 Passwor… Johannes on Resizing datafiles with Data G…