If you are doing auditing (traditional or fine grained auditing), then the internal audit tables aud$ or fga_log$, which are by default in the system tablespace, are getting bigger and bigger over time. So you may want to move them into another tablespace – but that was unsupported in the past. No longer so, as Joel Goodman explains in this recent article:
about Database Technology
- 1,744,204 hits
- How to change the size of Online Redologs?
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- Using Flashback in a Data Guard Environment
- Common Users & SYSDBA with #Oracle 12c Multitenancy
- Speed up Import with TRANSFORM=DISABLE_ARCHIVE_LOGGING in #Oracle 12c
- See & modify the attributes of Oracle Restart resources with crsctl
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Auditing ALTER SYSTEM commands
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess troubleshooting ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3
Ravin Maharaj on Partitioning a table online wi… aitorito on Speed up Import with TRANSFORM… Daren on Speed up Import with TRANSFORM… oraclenerd on Adding Tablespaces/Datafiles w… Saeed on Dealing with Oracle Database B… Saeed on Dealing with Oracle Database B… Mark Miller on Transport Tablespace using RMA… VIJAY HINDURAO SHITO… on Exadata Quarter Rack Architect… How do Nologging Ope… on How do NOLOGGING operations af… ynixon on Connect Time Failover & Tr… ynixon on Use RMAN to create your standb… Grzegorz Goryszewski on Combining Resource Consumer Gr…