If you are doing auditing (traditional or fine grained auditing), then the internal audit tables aud$ or fga_log$, which are by default in the system tablespace, are getting bigger and bigger over time. So you may want to move them into another tablespace – but that was unsupported in the past. No longer so, as Joel Goodman explains in this recent article:
about Database Technology
- 1,654,087 hits
- orapwd gives OPW-00029 Password complexity failed in #Oracle 12.2
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Common Users & SYSDBA with #Oracle 12c Multitenancy
- How to change the size of Online Redologs?
- See & modify the attributes of Oracle Restart resources with crsctl
- How to reinstate the old Primary as a Standby after Failover in #Oracle
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG OCM Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3
Uwe Hesse on orapwd gives OPW-00029 Passwor… laurentschneider on orapwd gives OPW-00029 Passwor… Johannes on Resizing datafiles with Data G… Muhammad Rahman on The Recovery Area: Why it is… email@example.com on Joining Accenture Enkitec… Carlos Roberto Reyes… on FLASHBACK PLUGGABLE DATABASE n… Eric Yen on Partitioning a table online wi… fouedgray on How Partial Indexing helps you… sathish kumar dina j… on Purpose of the Voting Disk for… Eman on Joining Accenture Enkitec… jsatvm on Joining Accenture Enkitec… DBA RJ on Joining Accenture Enkitec…