If you are doing auditing (traditional or fine grained auditing), then the internal audit tables aud$ or fga_log$, which are by default in the system tablespace, are getting bigger and bigger over time. So you may want to move them into another tablespace – but that was unsupported in the past. No longer so, as Joel Goodman explains in this recent article:
about Database Technology
- 2,325,448 hits
- Eleven Table Tennis: Basics
- How to change the size of Online Redologs?
- orapwd gives OPW-00029 Password complexity failed in #Oracle 12.2
- How to reinstate the old Primary as a Standby after Failover in #Oracle
- See & modify the attributes of Oracle Restart resources with crsctl
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- How to fix a problem with the spfile in #Oracle
- Speed up Import with TRANSFORM=DISABLE_ARCHIVE_LOGGING in #Oracle 12c
- Let the Data Guard Broker control LOG_ARCHIVE_* parameters!
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR AWS Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction certification Cloud Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Exasol Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability Hyper-V ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant Oracle Certification Oracle Restart OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 partitioning Performance Tuning PostgreSQL PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess troubleshooting ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3