Because the topic is frequently appearing in my courses, I have added a page to my Blog, dedicated to Oracle Database High Availability Architecture. It talks briefly about the differences between Single Instance, RAC, Extended RAC, Data Guard and Remote Mirroring.
Explain, Exemplify, Empower
Added a page about Oracle Database HA Architecture
Uwe Hesse, OCM
- Windows 7 error "key not valid for use in specified state"
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- Voting Disk and OCR in 11gR2: Some changes
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Dealing with Oracle Database Block Corruption in 11g
- Data Guard
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG OCM Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart oracle university OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3