The initialization parameter OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ has a certain popularity in the area of Oracle Database Performance Tuning. Especially, it can be used to make the Optimizer favor index access instead of full table scans. But that is not necessarily appropriate – in fact it can have very counterproductive effects on performance. Richard Foote has some very instructive postings about this, especially this one is impressive, in my view.
Explain, Exemplify, Empower
When is setting OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ appropriate?
Uwe Hesse, OCM
- Windows 7 error "key not valid for use in specified state"
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- Voting Disk and OCR in 11gR2: Some changes
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Dealing with Oracle Database Block Corruption in 11g
- The Data Guard Broker: Why it is recommended
hiburan.kompasiana.c… on Online Move of Datafiles for P… Asgar on adrci: A survival guide for th… Wneiton on Exadata Quarter Rack Architect… Wneiton on Exadata Quarter Rack Architect… Omesh on Brief introduction into Materi… Massimiliano Lambert… on Real-Time Query and Automatic… NYOUG Spring General… on The Recovery Area: Why it is… NYOUG Spring General… on The Data Guard Broker: Why it… Uwe Hesse on Automatic DOP in 11gR2 Nel on Automatic DOP in 11gR2 Gaurav on #Oracle SQL Tuning Advisor on… Rahma on Windows 7 error “key not…
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart oracle university OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3