If you are doing auditing (traditional or fine grained auditing), then the internal audit tables aud$ or fga_log$, which are by default in the system tablespace, are getting bigger and bigger over time. So you may want to move them into another tablespace – but that was unsupported in the past. No longer so, as Joel Goodman explains in this recent article:
Explain, Exemplify, Empower
Uwe Hesse, OCM
- Windows 7 error "key not valid for use in specified state"
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Multisection Backup for Image Copies
- Table Recovery in #Oracle 12c
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Retrieve SQL and Execution Plan from AWR Snapshots
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
- The Recovery Area: Why it is recommended
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart oracle university OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3