An article that I have posted on my Downloads page got published in the April Oracle University EMEA Newsletter. It is about Tablespace Point In Time Recovery – a technique, useful especially if you host mutliple applications in one Oracle Database, each of them associated with one tablespace and you want to correct a logical mistake for that application. Instead of turning the whole database with all applications into the past – to before the occurence of the logical mistake – you take just one and leave the status of the other applications – respectively their data – untouched.
Explain, Exemplify, Empower
New OU EMEA Newsletter Article: Tablespace Point In Time Recovery
Uwe Hesse, OCM
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Windows 7 error "key not valid for use in specified state"
- Multiple invisible indexes on the same column in #Oracle 12c
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
- Common Users & SYSDBA with #Oracle 12c Multitenancy
- The Data Guard Broker: Why it is recommended
- Voting Disk and OCR in 11gR2: Some changes
Uwe Hesse on AUDIT_SYS_OPERATIONS defaults… Multiple invisible i… on Invisible Indexes & E… Dave Dawson on AUDIT_SYS_OPERATIONS defaults… Navakanth on Transport Tablespace using RMA… John on Why Write-Through is still the… Uwe Hesse on Voting Disk and OCR in 11gR2:… Uwe Hesse on Purpose of the Voting Disk for… Cristian on Voting Disk and OCR in 11gR2:… Sreaky Sri on Brief introduction into Materi… Deepak on Purpose of the Voting Disk for… Gerard Alexander on Reorganizing Tables in Oracle… Sachin on 11gR2 RAC Architecture Pi…
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart oracle university OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning PracticalGuide RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3