An article that I have posted on my Downloads page got published in the April Oracle University EMEA Newsletter. It is about Tablespace Point In Time Recovery – a technique, useful especially if you host mutliple applications in one Oracle Database, each of them associated with one tablespace and you want to correct a logical mistake for that application. Instead of turning the whole database with all applications into the past – to before the occurence of the logical mistake – you take just one and leave the status of the other applications – respectively their data – untouched.
Explain, Exemplify, Empower
New OU EMEA Newsletter Article: Tablespace Point In Time Recovery
Uwe Hesse, OCM
- Windows 7 error "key not valid for use in specified state"
- adrci: A survival guide for the DBA
- Reorganizing Tables in Oracle - is it worth the effort?
- Turning Flashback Database on & off with Instance in Status OPEN
- Voting Disk and OCR in 11gR2: Some changes
- Brief introduction into Materialized Views
- Purpose of the Voting Disk for #Oracle RAC
- The Recovery Area: Why it is recommended
- Common Users & SYSDBA with #Oracle 12c Multitenancy
Search inside this Blog
- #DOAG2014 #KB2918614 #ougn2015 #ukoug_tech13 #ukoug_tech14 3e 10g New Features 11g New Features 12c New Features ABMR Active Data Guard ADO adrci advert ASM auditing AWR Backup & Recovery Brief Introduction Database Control Data Guard Data Warehouse DBA JTA dbms_monitor dbms_redefinition DBMS_RLS dcli Digital Learning DOAG2013 exadata Extended RAC external tables fine grained access control flashback flash cache griddisk Grid Infrastructure hcc High Availability ILM logminer LVC Materialized Views Multitenant NYOUG Oracle Certification Oracle Enterprise Manager Oracle Restart oracle university OU EMEA Newsletter OUG Ireland 2014 OUGN2012 OU Streams partitioning Performance Tuning RAC Real-Time Query reorganizing RMAN security services smart scan Snapshot Standby storage index TOD Total Recall tracing trcsess ukoug2012 video vpd Webinar whoami X3